25 Jahre STAR TREK VOYAGER (2020)

Live long and prosper!
Antworten
BSGFreak
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion
Danksagung erhalten: 466 Mal

25 Jahre STAR TREK VOYAGER (2020)

Beitrag von BSGFreak »

Jubiläum 25 Jahre STAR TREK VOYAGER (2020)
Star_Trek_Voyager_25th_Anniversary_Special_cover.jpg
emailVOYNOV19.jpg

Garrett Wang and Robert Duncan McNeill are starting a new Star Trek: Voyager rewatch podcast, The Delta Flyers
by Alison Pitt
star-trek-voyager-delta-flyers-wang-mcneill.png
Garrett Wang and Robert Duncan McNeill as Harry Kim and Tom Paris in Star Trek: Voyager

There’s a new Star Trek podcast in town, and if you’re feeling saddened by the lack of conventions during this, the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Voyager, then this one might just be for you.

Voyager alumni Garrett Wang and Robert Duncan McNeill have just announced that they will shortly be starting a new Voyager rewatch show, called The Delta Flyers.

TrekCore.com reports that the series is set to launch in May and will cover all 167 episodes across Voyager’s seven seasons, starting with the series premiere, “Caretaker”.

We are excited to announce that the first episode of our podcast will be available in early May! #StarTrek #Voyager #StarTrekVoyager #TomParis #HarryKim #TheDeltaFlyers
— The Delta Flyers (@TheDeltaFlyers) April 17, 2020

But it’s not just the podcast that Wang and McNeill are creating; according to the Patreon page for the show, they’re also offering bonus content at different paid tiers.
That’ll include behind-the-scenes video, merchandise discounts, and even a monthly video of McNeill showing off his bartending skills (no joke).
The top tier of $150 a month will get you an hour-long monthly Zoom call, to talk about whatever you feel like.

Now, a couple of disclaimers: The Delta Flyers is not a part of the Roddenberry Podcast Network, and it also should not be confused with Delta Flyer, itself not on the Roddenberry Podcast Network but nonetheless a fun Voyager rewatch show hosted by Trekkies Thad and Stuart.

That said, there is always room for another great Star Trek podcast, so please join me in welcoming Wang and McNeill to the fray.

If you’d like to keep up to date with how The Delta Flyers are coming along, and be among the first to know when the first episode drops, just follow @TheDeltaFlyers on Twitter.

Ronon
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion
Danksagung erhalten: 299 Mal

Re: 25 Jahre STAR TREK VOYAGER (2020)

Beitrag von Ronon »

Dazu fällt mir auch Captain Proton ein vielleicht gibt es auch was zu sehen?
unnamed.jpg
Captain_Proton_Peril_From_Planet_X-Joe_Boulden-Lithograph-trampt-36946m.jpg
51lGgogScaL.jpg
Ronon: Einsatzbericht: Michael hat Atlantis überfallen, wollte die Stadt in die Luft jagen, haben ihn aufgehalten. Ende des Berichts.

BSGFreak
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion

Beitrag von BSGFreak »

Kate Mulgrew reflects on Star Trek: Voyager’s 25th anniversary ahead of virtual reunion event
by Chris Peterson

Star Trek: Voyager is celebrating its 25th anniversary and the cast will be reuniting online tonight to raise money for the Actors Fund, an organization dedicated to assisting performing arts and entertainment professionals.

Kate Mulgrew spoke with TrekMovie.com recently to discuss reuniting with her castmates during the COVID-19 pandemic, how quarantine has affected her life and the idea of returning to the screen in the role of Captain Janeway.

“This will be a reunion, but I feel like I just saw them,” Mulgrew said, referring to Star Trek: The Cruise, which took place in early March.
“[The Cruise] was just a great party that lasted all night long. So I feel that I’ve spent some quality time with them all. But it’ll be fun to do this Zoom with them.”

After the cruise, things took a dark turn for Mulgrew as she became ill, leaving her bedridden and concerned she might have contracted COVID-19. “Afterwards, I got very, very sick and thought I had caught the virus,” Mulgrew said. “I was convinced that I had it because I was in bed for almost a month. But I had my antibodies results last week and they are negative!”

The veteran Star Trek actor is looking forward to seeing her co-stars and has one topic she definitely wants to discuss during tonight’s streaming event. “I would love to talk about acting,” Mulgrew said, “The future of acting. How we feel about it going forward…I think we should talk about what acting has meant, what it means, and what it means to people.”

Regarding COVID-19, Mulgrew went on to say that “acting is more than just acting”. “In situations like this,” she said, “you see that it is an imperative in the culture...Star Trek signifies hope.
Of course, the parallel is terrific, isn’t it? A capsule lost in a dark and dangerous place, the Delta Quadrant, could really be a wonderful comparison to where we are now. The planet is jeopardized...and how will we survive? We survive with art and this is an art that we cannot practice while we are contained like this.”

That “containment” has already led to the cancellation or postponement of many Star Trek events around the world. When asked if Star Trek Las Vegas will go on as planned, Mulgrew doesn’t see the convention happening this year, saying “I don’t think so. And too bad for us, too, because it was [...] supposed to be an anniversary tour.”

With Star Trek: Voyager actors Robert Duncan McNeill and Garrett Wang seeking to revisit the Captain Proton holo-novel, Mulgrew was asked if she would consider reprising her role as Arachnia, Queen of the Spider People. “That could be fun,” Mulgrew said. “That was probably the greatest fun I had in the seven years on Star Trek.”
She was quick to point out, however, that while she says “the memory is sublime”, she hasn’t been approached about it.

When asked where the character of Captain Janeway might be twenty years later, Mulgrew was fond of the idea, saying “I think it would be wonderful to explore Janeway’s continued love of adventure and perhaps even, love of power…There are any number of things that could be delicious to dip into. But I don’t think it is going to happen. I am not saying that summarily, but time’s a-wasting, you know?”

Read the full interview with Kate Mulgrew at TrekMovie.com.

The Star Trek: Voyager 25th anniversary reunion event is streaming live tonight, Tuesday, May 26th at 8pm ET. Viewers can contribute to the Actors Fund for an on-air shout out from the cast. Visit starsinthehouse.com for more information and to watch the event live. Of course, you can always catch the entire cast in episodes of Star Trek: Voyager, streaming now on CBS All Access.

Janey
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion
Danksagung erhalten: 617 Mal

Beitrag von Janey »

Hey. So was Geniales!!

Anniversary Panel von gestern Abend. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo8cVby5ag4

:love3: :love3: :wav:
Conbase - the place to be. :hello:

BSGFreak
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion

Beitrag von BSGFreak »

Monument to Star Trek: Voyager’s Captain Janeway set to be unveiled in October
by Chris Peterson
star-trek-voyager-janeway-monument.png
Mockup of Captain Janeway monument. Image Captain Janeway Bloomington Collective

You may remember last December's coverage of a new monument in Bloomington, Indiana honoring the future birthplace of Star Trek: Voyager’s Captain Janeway.
While funding for the monument was more than successful, plans for the unveiling have been rescheduled.

The announcement came from the Captain Janeway Bloomington Collective in the wake of social distancing guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“As we all try to navigate the state of our current world,” the press release read, “we are all a little disappointed to have had to reschedule.” The new date for the monument’s unveiling will be October 24th of this year.

With 2020 marking the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Voyager, the timing is ideal to celebrate the iconic Starfleet captain.
The first female captain to lead a Star Trek series, Kate Mulgrew’s character was a bold step for the future of the franchise.
“Being the first female captain was seismic,” Mulgrew told TrekMovie.com. “There were tidal waves of publicity and reaction [...] because a girl had been put in command.”

The impact of Captain Janeway has gone beyond entertainment, inspiring women in STEM fields as well as politicians Stacey Abrams and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Captain Janeway Bloomington Collective president Peter Kaczmarcyzk said of Janeway, “She was a strong leader who showed integrity, consistency and managed to maintain her humanity”.

The monument was first sculpted from clay before being cast in bronze. The impressive bust of Captain Janeway will rest atop a limestone base with a steel plaque beneath the captain’s likeness.
While you may have to wait until October to see the Captain Janeway monument, you can see Janeway herself on Star Trek: Voyager, streaming now on CBS All Access.

Janey
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion

Beitrag von Janey »

Wow! :o Das wusste ich noch gar nicht.

Ronon
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion
Danksagung erhalten: 299 Mal

Beitrag von Ronon »

Ronon: Einsatzbericht: Michael hat Atlantis überfallen, wollte die Stadt in die Luft jagen, haben ihn aufgehalten. Ende des Berichts.

BSGFreak
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion

Beitrag von BSGFreak »

Star Trek: Voyager 25th anniversary documentary to resume filming
by Alison Pitt
star-trek-voyager-cast.png
Good news for Star Trek: Voyager fans: the 25th anniversary documentary is about to resume filming.

Back in February, director David Zappone - who also directed the Deep Space Nine documentary What We Left Behind - announced that he would start shooting on a new documentary, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek: Voyager. They started filming on Star Trek: The Cruise IV in March, but work was derailed on the project due to COVID-19-related stay-at-home orders shortly after.

Then this weekend, Zappone announced that filming is about to be back on. Early Sunday morning, he tweeted, “The Star Trek Voyager 25th Anniversary Documentary officially resumes filming tomorrow.”

The Star Trek Voyager 25th Anniversary Documentary officially resumes filming tomorrow. @StarTrek @CBSAllAccess

— David Zappone (@davidzappone) August 2, 2020
Zappone didn’t give details about how or where filming would be taking place, nor with whom. However, earlier last month, he did mention that he was in talks to resume work on the documentary. On July 17th, he tweeted, “Had a great Zoom call today with 2 of Voyager’s best actors. Let’s just say that we are weeks away from getting back into production. I’m determined to give this wonderful show a proper documentary to celebrate 25 years.”

Janey
Mitglied der Ehrenlegion

Beitrag von Janey »

Wie passend, dass JANEWAY in der Nick-Serie "Star Trek Prodigy" zurückkehrt!

:)

Antworten

Zurück zu „Star Trek“